Buy My Book!
- Food Matters – Saanichton Farm | Don Genova's Blog on Food Matters – Lentils
- Food Matters – Cooking with Avocados | Don Genova's Blog on Food Matters – Cooking with Coconut Oil
- Andrea LeBorgne on Food Matters – BBQ Gear and Summer Cocktails
- Food Matters – BBQ Gear and Summer Cocktails | Don Genova's Blog on The Thermomix Diaries
- neal on Island Artisans – Wood-burning Ovens!
Monthly Archives: September 2006
This week on Food For Thought I discussed the e coli outbreak in the United States because of contaminated bagged spinach. But I put it in the context of trying to keep our food supply as local as possible. Just … Continue reading
Help Me Help Oxfam – On Wednesday, October 11th I will be master of ceremonies at a special fundraising dinner for Oxfam. October 16th is World Food Day and I’m going to be taking part in a hunger banquet at … Continue reading
(to find out about the Oxfam fundraising dinner I’m MC’ing, click here.) This week on Pacific Palate, a review of the e coli outbreak in the United States caused by contaminated fresh spinach products grown in California. For the latest … Continue reading
If you are young and enthusiastic and looking for a unique career in an amazing part of the world, Jonathan at True Grain Bread in Cowichan Bay has an opening for an apprentice baker. To read the job description as … Continue reading
This week So Much On My Plate explores the delicious world of BC Albacore Tuna. The albacore tuna fishery off BC’s coast is a sustainable catch of young tuna. When I’ve purchased them whole they’ve weighed about 10 to 12 … Continue reading