Buy My Book!
- Food Matters – Saanichton Farm | Don Genova's Blog on Food Matters – Lentils
- Food Matters – Cooking with Avocados | Don Genova's Blog on Food Matters – Cooking with Coconut Oil
- Andrea LeBorgne on Food Matters – BBQ Gear and Summer Cocktails
- Food Matters – BBQ Gear and Summer Cocktails | Don Genova's Blog on The Thermomix Diaries
- neal on Island Artisans – Wood-burning Ovens!
Monthly Archives: June 2010
This is a real meal: A half-pound hamburger made from freshly ground beef and coated with crispy bedcrumbs, oven roasted potatoes, red, ripe tomatoes, sweet onions and special sauces that are as far away from the House of Ronald as … Continue reading
One of our few rainy days found us in Assisi, joining the squelch of tourists paying homage to St. Francis in ponchos and umbrellas. Even the birds tried to stay out of the rain, sparrows hopping underneath outdoor tables, pecking … Continue reading
As we hit Orvieto, the Umbrian city closest to Rome, Italy was playing a World Cup soccer game. The streets were empty, but we could hear the play-by-play of the game echoing down the narrow cobblestoned streets from every direction. … Continue reading
We're back in Canada now, visiting family in Ontario, but over the next few days I'll catch you up on our final days in Italy.Our apartment in Rome was just a few steps from Campo di Fiori, home to a … Continue reading
The Hundred Mile Diet is a phrase familiar to anyone who has decided to make local food a larger part of their diet. But how about the Zero-Mile Diet? Today on Island Artisans I talked about a very inspirational visit … Continue reading
I first discovered Baladin beer when visiting the massive Eataly store in Turin. When my friend Dwight Stanford let me know there was a Baladin pub in Rome, we just had to make the pilgrimage. Baladin is an Italian artisanal … Continue reading