- All You Can Eat Test Kitchen
- Current Affairs
- Food and Drink
- Food For Thought
- Food Matters
- Ground Meat Madness
- Holiday Programming
- Island Artisans
- Kitchen and Bath Renovations
- My Podcast
- My RSS Feeds
- Pacific Palate
- Parma Palate – My Year in Italy
- Restaurant News
- So Much On My Plate
- The Thermomix Diaries
- Jodi on Food Matters – What’s in Your Milk???
- Erin Lindsay on Food Matters – What’s in Your Milk???
- Don Genova on Food Matters – What’s in Your Milk???
- Christina on Food Matters – What’s in Your Milk???
- Don Genova on Food Matters – The One Where Don Had To Go To The Hospital
Category Archives: Restaurant News
While most of our gardens have been sleeping under snow, or leaves, or other forms of mulch, industrious farmers on the Saanich Peninsula have been very busy in their greenhouses, and so has Angeline Street of Brambles Market in Courtenay, … Continue reading
This week on Food For Thought, a brief profile of Wayne Martin, former executive chef at the Four Seasons Hotel in Vancouver. He left that lofty position to open Crave, a casual restaurant on Vancouver’s East Side. It was a … Continue reading
Last weekend a few of my classmates and I rented a car to tear over hell’s half acre. We started on Saturday with a drive into Liguria up and down mountain roads, to the seaside, and an interior ‘island’ for … Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago I had my first taste of what’s on the menu at Crave, a relatively new restaurant on a section of Vancouver’s rapidly-gentrifying Main Street. Chef/owner Wayne Martin used to be the executive chef at Vancouver’s … Continue reading
Funny, after not eating out that much over the past few months in Vancouver and at my other place in the Cowichan Valley, there has been a sudden ‘yeah, let’s go!’ This is the first post of a few about … Continue reading