Buy My Book!
- Food Matters – Saanichton Farm | Don Genova's Blog on Food Matters – Lentils
- Food Matters – Cooking with Avocados | Don Genova's Blog on Food Matters – Cooking with Coconut Oil
- Andrea LeBorgne on Food Matters – BBQ Gear and Summer Cocktails
- Food Matters – BBQ Gear and Summer Cocktails | Don Genova's Blog on The Thermomix Diaries
- neal on Island Artisans – Wood-burning Ovens!
Tag Archives: CBC Radio
All the dry weather this summer has been a mixed blessing for Vancouver Island farmers. Ideal harvest conditions for many crops, but at reduced yields. Any adversity in his fields hasn’t stopped a Saanich Peninsula farmer from growing some unusual … Continue reading
September is often noted as the beginning of a new year. Usually kids are going back to school, vacations have been taken and enjoyed, and it’s a chance to get back into the regular rhythm of life. Unless you’re a … Continue reading
It’s sometimes called the Alligator Pear, because of its shape and rippled skin. But the avocado has no real bite to it, a rather mildly-flavoured fruit that gets consumed on a daily basis around the world. My consumption of avocados has … Continue reading
It’s been a good news and bad news scenario for BC salmon this summer. Sockeye returns to our rivers may be the highest in years, but certain runs may be threatened by the Polley Lake mine tailings spill and dangerously … Continue reading
It’s a veritable tempest in a teapot. Vancouver Island is brewing up a storm of innovations in tea, even to the point of growing tea bushes in the northern part of the Cowichan Valley. At the northern end of the … Continue reading