Buy My Book!
- Food Matters – Saanichton Farm | Don Genova's Blog on Food Matters – Lentils
- Food Matters – Cooking with Avocados | Don Genova's Blog on Food Matters – Cooking with Coconut Oil
- Andrea LeBorgne on Food Matters – BBQ Gear and Summer Cocktails
- Food Matters – BBQ Gear and Summer Cocktails | Don Genova's Blog on The Thermomix Diaries
- neal on Island Artisans – Wood-burning Ovens!
Tag Archives: sustainable eating
It’s been a good news and bad news scenario for BC salmon this summer. Sockeye returns to our rivers may be the highest in years, but certain runs may be threatened by the Polley Lake mine tailings spill and dangerously … Continue reading
The cooking scene in Victoria just got a little bit sharper. Yesterday (July 30th) a pop-up version of a Canadian kitchen knife retailer opened in the Fernwood Coffee roasting room to give knife aficionados here on the Island a chance … Continue reading
It looks like the next week, and hopefully weeks, are going to be hot and sunny across British Columbia. It’s time for the beach, your deck, or maybe just some air conditioned comfort. Because when it gets too hot to … Continue reading
Farmers’ markets are now in full swing across BC, with more and more crops coming into their harvest seasons, nugget potatoes, snap peas, early garlic, and…wine? Yes, very soon you will start seeing local wine, beer, mead and spirit producers … Continue reading
Fact: Sixty-seven percent of the world crop of lentils is grown in Saskatchewan. Fact: You can buy red lentils that are grown right here on Vancouver Island. Fact: The Saskatchewan Pulse Growers want to make sure you start eating a … Continue reading