Every month at Cook Culture in Victoria (with the exception of August) I teach my popular Pasta 101 class. Your next chance to take this class is this Wednesday, July 27th and I hope to see you there…and I’d like to give you at least a few reasons why you should take this class:
1. It’s fun. You don’t just sit there, you get up and roll and shape and cut the pasta as we devour our way through 4 or 5 courses.
2. You learn how to say neat Italian pasta words like tortelli, pappardelli, and garganelli.
3. You can still twirl your fork with gusto as you eat strands of lemony, prosciutto-laced spaghetti.
4. You’ll learn why you shouldn’t buy that stuff in the green can and why you should always buy your Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese with a bit of the rind still attached.
5. It’s a great group activity. Get together a few of your friends or family for a summer evening out that is packed with flavour.
7. If you’re really good, I’ll make you a dessert that has pasta in it…
8. You can give the course as a gift for that ‘hard-to-buy-for’ person you know.
9. You could also suggest those house guests who came for a couple of days and are staying a week take the course so they get out of your hair for one evening this summer.
10. And finally, when you know how to make your own pasta, it is a skill you can use for the rest of your life, one you can use to please and feed your friends and family, and one that will provide endless delight in the countless number of tasty pasta variations you’ll come up with on your own.